We welcome your contributions to us and would love to hear your views and opinions. Below are some pointers when you write to the Forum:
1. Please include your full name (as in IC), your address and phone number.
2. Letters must be original, unpublished on any platform (including social media) and meant for publication only in The Straits Times.
3. We will inform you within five days of receiving your letter if your contribution is being considered for publication. However, it may be published outside this five-day period. If you do not hear from us within five working days, it means your letter will not be used.
4. Letters should not exceed 400 words. The maximum length for letters to Youth Forum is 250 words.
5. Published letters will state the contributor's name. Pseudonyms will not be accepted.
6. Where possible, do include links to your sources, for fact-checking purposes.
7. Except in special circumstances, we accept only one signatory per organisation, and only one signatory for personal letters.
8. The Forum Editor reserves the right to edit a letter.
9. Official replies must reach email@example.com by noon if they are to be considered for publication the following day.
How to contact us
The Straits Times Forum Editor, Singapore Press Holdings,
1000 Toa Payoh North, News Centre, Podium Level 2,
For assistance, contact the Forum administrator
- DID: (65) 6319-5397
- Fax: (65) 6319-8275
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org