The transformation of the Jurong Lake District will be many years in the making. But if you're planning to move there some time in the future, here are some new projects to think about - from a condominium already built to those being launched or in the pipeline:
1. The Lakefront Residences: A 629 unit private condo by Keppel Land (Mayfair) in Lakeside Drive, which obtained its temporary occupation permit earlier this year. Average prices are about $1,304 psf.
2. Lakeville: A 696 unit private condo by MCL Land in Jurong West Street 41 which was launched in April. Average selling price has been about $1,328 per square foot (psf) so far.
3. Lake Life: A 546 unit executive condo (EC) by Evia Real Estate on Yuan Ching Road, set to launch in the coming months. It drew a record number of e-applications earlier this month and is over three times subscribed.
4. Westwood Avenue EC site: A joint venture between Koh Brothers Group and Heeton Holdings won a bid for the 99-year leasehold site in January. The 186,052 sq ft site across from Cleantech Park can house about 480 two- to five-bedroom condo units, that will be completed in 2018.
5. Jurong West Street 41 condo site: The 99-year-old leasehold site between The Lakeshore and Lakeville will be put on sale in December through the Government Land Sales Programme. The 1.85 ha site is expected to yield about 575 condo units.