SIAEC, Moog set up joint venture to provide aircraft MRO services

SIAEC will have 49 per cent equity stake in the Singapore-based JV called Moog Aircraft Services Asia Pte Ltd, while Moog will hold the remaining 51 per cent.
SIAEC will have 49 per cent equity stake in the Singapore-based JV called Moog Aircraft Services Asia Pte Ltd, while Moog will hold the remaining 51 per cent.PHOTO: SIA ENGINEERING (SIAEC)

SINGAPORE - Sia Engineering Company has set up a joint venture with aircraft designer Moog Inc which will combine the expertise of the two firms to provide component repair services to Asia Pacific and beyond.

SIAEC will have 49 per cent equity stake in the Singapore-based JV called Moog Aircraft Services Asia Pte Ltd, while Moog will hold the remaining 51 per cent.

With this addition, SIAEC will have a comprehensive portfolio of 26 joint ventures across 9 countries with leading original equipment manufacturers and other strategic partners, the company said in a release issued on Tuesday (Oct 03). .

SIAEC and Moog had announced the intent of setting up the JV in Dec 2016, to provide maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Moog manufactured flight control systems fitted on new generation aircraft including the Boeing 787 and Airbus A350.

Moog is committed to develop the joint venture as its Centre of Excellence in Asia Pacific for Moog's products on the Boeing 787 and the Airbus A350 aircraft, the release added.

The joint venture is not expected to have a material impact on SIAEC's financial performance in financial year 2017/18.