With next year's Budget just three months away, the Finance Ministry (MOF) is asking Singaporeans and businesses for their suggestions on matters relating to taxes and public spending.
The public can visit the Reach Budget 2014 feedback exercise website at http://www.reach.gov.sg/budgetsg to give their views online or join the discussion forums.
The feedback exercise will run from today until Jan 29 next year.
For those who prefer a live forum, MOF and Reach have launched the Listening Post, an open booth concept that allows the public to share their views on the budget.
The Listening Post will be available on Dec 3 and 4 from 11 am to 6 pm, at the National Library Event Plaza (Level 1) at Bras Basah Road.
MOF and Reach will also hold a Pre-Budget 2014 conversation on Nov 28, in which Dr Amy Khor, Senior Minister of State for Health and Manpower, and Mrs Josephine Teo, Senior Minister of State for Finance and Transport, will join Singaporeans to discuss ideas and suggestions for next year's Budget.
Other avenues to give feedback on the Budget include:
- Reach Singapore Facebook (www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore)
- Reach Singapore Twitter (#SGBudget)
- Singapore Budget website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg) - only from Nov 28 onwards
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Toll-free hotline (1800-226-0806)
- SMS to 9-SPEAK-UP (9-77325-87)