Money Hacks Ep 70: How companies should transform during the Covid-19 circuit breaker
Synopsis: In this fortnightly podcast series on Mondays, The Business Times breaks down actionable financial tips.
This episode is aimed at owners and management of small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and large companies.
In this episode, Ernest Luis hosts Tan Su Shan, group head, institutional banking, DBS, as she explains how there is no turning back to old ways, for big and small businesses, if they are to survive this Covid-19 pandemic.
She shares some essential tips:
1. What are the immediate action points SMEs need to work on, to survive first? (2:44)
2. What if you are an SME owner caught cold, not ready for digitalisation and worried about survival? Can banks help with digital business conversion and enable cash flow, and how that works in the F&B sector for example? (4:03)
3. Larger companies should do stress test projections for three, six and nine months, or even till at least the first quarter of 2021 (7:50)
4. Pointers for stress testing (8:52)
5. Will Covid-19 change the way companies operate permanently, and in what ways? (12:28)
Produced by: Ernest Luis
Edited by: Adam Azlee
Follow more Money Hacks podcasts and rate us on:
Apple Podcasts: http://bt.sg/oeXe
Google podcasts: http://bt.sg/oeGd
Feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do note: Any financial or investment information in this podcast is for use in Singapore only and is intended to be for your general information. Any particular investment or decision should only be made after consulting with a fully qualified financial adviser.
Thank you for your support! ST & BT Podcasts picked up a silver medal for Best Digital Project to engage younger and/or millennial audiences at 2019 Asian Digital Media Awards by Wan-Ifra: https://str.sg/Jw5T