Money Hacks Ep 79: Differences and misconceptions over ETFs and unit trusts
Synopsis: Updated fortnightly on Mondays, The Business Times breaks down useful financial tips.
This episode tackles the importance of knowing the pros and cons of ETFs and unit trusts.
Chris Lim hosts Gregory Van, chief executive and founding partner of Endowus, the only digital investment adviser that now has a CPF investment option.
They discuss the following points:
1. What are ETFs and unit trusts and are there big differences between them? (0:45)
2. Are unit trusts and mutual funds the same product? (2:32)
3. Why are ETFs essentially a wrapper for products like funds, Reits or bonds, so they can be traded on exchanges? How does that impact the net asset value? (3:15)
4. Unit trusts are more convenient for investors who do not need intra-day liquidity (4:55)
5. What are the differences between ETFs on SGX as compared with the US or the UK? (5:40)
Produced by: Chris Lim and Ernest Luis
Edited by: Adam Azlee
Follow Money Hacks podcasts fortnightly on Mondays and rate us on:
Apple Podcasts: http://bt.sg/oeXe
Google podcasts: http://bt.sg/oeGd
Feedback to: email@example.com
Do note: Any financial or investment information in this podcast is for use in Singapore only and is intended to be for your general information. Any particular investment or decision should only be made after consulting with a fully qualified financial adviser.