1. Vietnam's benchmark VN Index rallied 1.12 per cent to close at 601.74 points yesterday, the highest level since Aug 12, with banks and property firms leading the gainers.
2. A.P. Moeller-Maersk cut its profit forecast for 2015 as the outlook for global growth becomes gloomier. It expects profit of about $3.4 billion, down from the previous forecast of $4 billion.
3. Tesla Motors could begin producing cars in China in two years, chief executive Elon Musk said, without giving any location. Foreign firms are required to establish a joint venture with a Chinese firm to produce cars.
4. German manufacturing grew the least in five months in October. The latest Purchasing Managers' Index from Markit Economics showed the factory index had fallen to 51.6 from 52.3 in September.
5. Engineering firm PSL Holdings said it is likely to report a loss in its third quarter, the result of having to pay for fees to conduct due diligence on an investment.