1. Sinarmas Land recorded a $7.79 million loss in the three months to Dec 31, a massive reversal of a $99.78 million profit in the same period last year, dragged down by a weaker rupiah and an absence of exceptional gains.
2. Avic International Maritime is seeking to move its listing from the mainboard to the Catalist, another in a long queue of firms looking to avoid having to keep their share price above the minimum 20 cents.
3. Japan posted its first factory output expansion in three months, official data showed yesterday, offering some rare good news after a string of weak figures threw cold water on recovery hopes.
4. Midas Holdings logged a 7.7 per cent increase in net profit after tax to 57.2 million yuan (S$12.3 million) last year, from 53.1 million yuan a year ago on the back of stronger revenues.
5. Citigroup will sell its minority stake in Chinese regional lender China Guangfa Bank for 19.7 billion yuan (S$4.3 billion), a source familiar with the sale told Reuters yesterday.