1. Gold fell as demand for the safe haven asset weakened after relief rallies in global shares, oil and industrial metals following the release of Chinese economic growth figures.
2. Swiber Holdings has acquired 9.5 million shares of Deltatek Offshore, representing 38 per cent of the share capital of the Nigerian company.
3. Ezra Holdings is proposing an eight-to-one consolidation of its shares. Shareholders will vote on the proposal at an extraordinary general meeting to be convened.
4. Mainboard-listed Oriental Group said chairman Wu Dingrong and his son-in-law, Mr Sun Lu, who is an executive director, allegedly made unauthorised guarantees at two units without board approval.
5. Jiutian Chemical warned that it is expected to report a net loss for the year to Dec 31, mainly due to worsening market conditions in the second half which affected sales volumes and average selling prices of its products.