Company Briefs: Singapore Press Holdings

Singapore Press Holdings

ShareInvestor, the wholly-owned unit of media group Singapore Press Holdings, has entered into a conditional agreement with Wholesale Investor to offer online investor relations and related services to companies in Australia and New Zealand.

This will be done through a company incorporated in Sydney called WISI Australia. ShareInvestor will subscribe for 49 per cent of its share capital, and Wholesale Investor, an investor services company, will subscribe for the remaining 51 per cent.

ShareInvestor's investment in WISI Australia will be funded by its internal resources, it said. The deal is expected to be completed next month.

VicPlas International

Pipe manufacturer VicPlas International posted a 2. 7 per cent dip in earnings to $5.38 million, from $5.77 million last year, for the year ended July 31.

This was in spite of a 2.7 per cent rise in revenue to $76.1 million.

The company said the improvement in turnover was driven by higher sales from its medical device business, which offset declines in turnover at its pipe and pipe fittings segment.

Earnings per share came in at 1.09 cents for the year, down from 1.24 cents, while net asset value fell from 11.82 cents last year to 11.72 cents.

T T J Holdings

Steel specialist T T J Holdings has reported a surge in annual revenue and profit.

The company recorded a 66 per cent increase in profit to $25.8 million for the 12 months to July 31, up from $15.5 million for the same period last year.

Revenue soared to $136.6 million for the year, up 45 per cent compared with last year.

The company attributed this to the increase in projects in its structural steel business, which it said were more large-scale and of higher contract value. Key projects which contributed to revenue included Tampines Town Hub and a building job in Jurong West.

Earnings per share rose to 7.38 cents for the year, up from 4.45 cent, but net asset value fell from 36.82 cents to 35.99 cents.

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on September 27, 2016, with the headline 'Company Briefs: Singapore Press Holdings'. Print Edition | Subscribe