Some of the most distinguished business leaders in Europe gathered in London on Tuesday for the first time under a regional grouping set up by Singapore investment firm Temasek.
Temasek aims to engage its international advisers on its activities in Europe as well as to facilitate collaboration between the investment firm and major European businesses.
Europe has become increasingly important to Temasek as it looks to alternative markets to boost its returns. In 2014, Temasek, which has a portfolio of $266 billion as at March 31 last year, set up a new office in London.
Temasek's head of Europe, Mr Tan Chong Lee, said that while "Temasek remains anchored in Asia, we recognise the significance of Europe to our overall investment strategy and activities".
• Mr Patrick Cescau, chairman of InterContinental Hotels Group
• Mr Ian Davis, chairman of Rolls-Royce
• Mr Michael Diekmann, former chief executive of Allianz
• Mr Franz Fehrenbach, chairman of the Supervisory Board of Robert Bosch
• Mr Gabriele Galateri di Genola, chairman of Generali
• Dr Franz Humer, chairman of Diageo
He added: "Europe today represents 8 per cent of Temasek's global portfolio exposure and we continue to look for opportunities to participate in the growth of sectors and companies that fit our investment themes."