1. The prospect of rate hikes by the US Fed is bad news for Asia and Asia-Pacific currencies. Despite an economic upswing, Myanmar's kyat fell to an all-time low. The ringgit hit a 17-year low and the Australian dollar and Indonesian rupiah are also weakening.
2. Singapore's weak economic growth story will not help equities, says Morgan Stanley. But it sees the regionalisation of Temasek Holdings-linked firms as a driver, citing as examples Singapore Airlines and Ascendas Reit.
3. Earnings at Singapore's hospitality real-estate investment trusts remain under pressure, says Fitch Ratings. Slower economic activity across key inbound markets, and overcapacity in domestic hotel rooms are among the reasons.
4. RHB Securities has put a "sell" on foreign school Overseas Education. The change in campus location from the Orchard Road area to Pasir Ris is one factor. Higher fees may not compensate, and a tighter immigration policy will not help enrolment either.
5. Five industrial Reits - Ascendas Reit, Mapletree Logistics Trust, Mapletree Industrial Trust, Cambridge Industrial Trust and Cache Logistics Trust - said distribution per unit rose an average of 1.9 per cent for the quarter ended June 30.