1. Small businesses in the United States increased borrowing in September, according to data out yesterday, a sign that more firms are betting on a rise in household spending in the coming months.
2. Singtel's Australian unit Optus has won exclusive Australian rights to the Barclays Premier League for three seasons, starting next year. It includes live broadcast coverage and digital rights for broadband and mobile.
3. Blumont Group yesterday said it expects to report net losses for the third quarter and the nine months to Sept 30, as market volatility has led to readjustments to the fair value of its financial assets.
4. CapitaLand's serviced residence unit, The Ascott , has inked four management contracts for 583 units in China. Two of the properties are in Shanghai and one each in Beijing and Dalian.
5. Saudi Arabia is likely to raise the prices of most crude oil grades that it sells to Asia in December, due to a stronger Dubai benchmark and better fuel oil margins, six traders surveyed by Reuters said yesterday.