1. There was strong demand for rental apartments last month, a sign that the American housing market continues to steadily improve even as economic growth has slowed, Reuters reported.
2. The return on equity for the Straits Times Index over the past year is 9.13 per cent. In other words, stocks have generated just over nine cents of net income for every $1 invested.
3. KLW's continuing sponsor, SAC Capital, said that the last day of its appointment will be Dec 31. SAC says that with the special audit of KLW and other recent developments, it is unable to confirm that it is unaware of non-compliance with Catalist rules.
4. Cosco Corp's shipyard subsidiary has inked contracts worth about US$150 million (S$208 million) to build an oil tanker and two cargo transfer vessels. The counter has been suspended since Aug 11 as its parent mulls over a review of the shareholding structure.
5. Food Empire has set up a joint venture company in Italy to produce and market capsules for coffee and other beverages.