1. Anheuser-Busch InBev has discussed raising its takeover bid for SABMiller to about £43 (S$92) a share, leaving the two sides at odds days before a deadline for a formal offer, Bloomberg reported.
2. Gold prices yesterday rose to the highest in seven weeks as investors mulled over the odds of a Federal Reserve interest rate increase this year. Gold has climbed for three of the past four weeks.
3. Shares of Noble Group jumped 9.6 per cent to close at 51.5 cents yesterday, extending their biggest advance in over nine weeks, amid speculation that commodity prices have bottomed. The stock rose as much 13 per cent yesterday.
4. Ley Choon Group said its unit, Chin Kuan Engineering and Contractors, has been awarded a tender for a contract worth about $2.5 million by PUB Singapore to supply and lay watermains in the east.
5. United States auto giant Ford will invest nearly US$2 billion (S$2.8 billion) on research and development in China by 2020, it said yesterday, despite falling sales in the world's biggest auto market.