1. Malaysian stocks recorded their biggest advance in two years as state-controlled firms rallied after the government said it will tap a fund to support equities, Bloomberg said.
2. ARA Asset Management has raised US$325 million (S$457 million) for its private real estate funds division. The anchor investor is an Asian-based sovereign wealth fund. The fund's mandate is to invest in Asian real estate assets.
3. Indian-owned dry bulk shipping company Mercator Lines (Singapore) said that a creditor, the Singapore branch of HSH Nordbank, has filed an application to put it under judicial management. Mercator is opposing the move.
4. Sembcorp Industries' first coal-fired power project in India, Thermal Powertech Corporation India, has started full commercial operation with the completion of its second and final 660MW unit.
5. Property developer Ying Li said that its Ying Li Lion City Garden project is doing well. It has pre-sold about 58 per cent of Phase 2B. The project is in Chongqing in south-western China.