1. HSBC's board will meet on Sunday to decide whether to move the global bank's headquarters from London to other locations such as Hong Kong, Canada or Singapore, sources said, Bloomberg reported.
2. Securities turnover value on SGX was $23.2 billion last month, up 36 per cent on December but 8 per cent down on January last year. There were 20 trading days last month, compared with 22 for December, and 21 last January.
3. The SGX said that total derivatives volume was 17.7 million, up 24 per cent month on month and up 21 per cent year on year.
4. Genting Singapore has set up a subsidiary in Thailand to conduct marketing and public relations.
5. KS Energy warned that it will report a net loss for the fourth quarter to Dec 31 and a significant profit decline for the full year, due to the tough operating environment and weak market demand.