1. Joyas International has completed the disposal of its jewellery and metal gifts unit. Its business will now comprise its nickel distribution and trading business, and its financing business.
2. Malaysia-based GCCP Resources has won several new contracts worth over RM15 million (S$4.8 million) to supply crushed calcium carbonate stones to customers, including a large regional paper and pulp producer.
3. The SGX real estate index has returned 19.5 per cent so far this year. The bourse is home to 104 real estate companies with a combined market capitalisation of almost S$190 billion.
4. BlackGold Natural Resources said that its placement of 66.7 million shares at a price of 12.3 cents apiece has been placed out. They will be listed and quoted on Catalist from 9am today.
5. SIA Engineering bought back 25,000 of its shares at between $4.08 and $4.09 apiece for a total of $102,280.