1. Transcorp, formerly known as Transview, saw its loss widen from $0.89 million to $2.28 million for the half-year ended April 30. Revenue rose 49 per cent to $3.1 million.
2. Investment holding firm Attilan Group has applied to the High Court for an order to restrain Phillip Asia-Pacific Opportunity Fund from taking further steps in its legal proceedings so that Attilan can undertake debt restructuring.
3. The Singapore Exchange said the value of total securities market turnover last month was $26.5 billion, up 23 per cent month-on-month and up 23 per cent compared with May last year.
4. The Singapore Exchange said total derivatives volume last month was 14.73 million, up 9 per cent month-on-month and up 9 per cent year-on-year.
5. Building construction and civil engineering firm Tiong Seng has bought back 394,500 of its shares at 27 cents apiece for a total sum of $106,697.