1. As blue chip firms from Alcoa to Wells Fargo start releasing October-to-December results, profits for US firms are forecast to decline for a third straight quarter, but the economy is still growing, Bloomberg reported.
2. Ascendas is selling a seven-year bond, the first public Singdollar issue this year, with a coupon expected to be about 3.5 per cent. The issue is $200 million, The Business Times reported.
3. Ho Bee Land chairman and CEO Chua Thian Poh's deemed stake has risen. Ho Bee Holdings, which Mr Chua controls, bought 163,600 shares for $324,886.69, raising his deemed stake to 73.38 per cent.
4. Sembcorp Industries has signed an MOU with the Chongqing Energy Investment Group to target areas such as renewable energy projects and township development in the Chinese city, as well as overseas energy projects.
5. China Kunda Technology has received in-principle approval for the proposed transfer of the listing of the company from the mainboard to the Catalist, subject to certain conditions.