1. Total securities market turnover hit $29.1 billion in March, the Singapore Exchange (SGX) said, up 3 per cent month on month and 7 per cent year on year. The market cap of 753 listed firms as at March 31 was $1 trillion.
2. The SGX said that total derivatives volume was 15.7 million in March, up 26 per cent month on month and down 8 per cent year on year.
3. Heeton, KSH, Lian Beng and Ryobi Kiso have inked a franchise agreement with hotel-chain operator Hilton for a 192-bedroom hotel in Leeds, Britain. The hotel will be under the brand Hampton by Hilton.
4. SGX-listed Keong Hong has been awarded a contract for $214.2 million in The Seaside Residences condo project in Siglap.
5. Palm-oil player Bumitama Agri bought back 100,000 of its shares at 79.27 cents apiece for a total of $79,431.