1. Industrial mining stocks have had a strong start to the year. Of the four on the Singapore Exchange, three have generated gains - Alliance Mineral Assets, Terratech Group and limestone miner GCCP Resources.
2. CWG International said its unit, Shanghai Fuyuan Investment Management, has acquired a 60 per cent interest in Suzhou Industrial Park Business Travel Tourism Industry Co for 197.18 million yuan (S$39.9 million).
3. Epicentre Holdings has completed its acquisition of a 51 per cent stake in Japan IPL, a health and beauty firm offering hair removal and skin rejuvenation treatments that has seven outlets across Singapore. The sellers received 20.4 million Epicentre shares.
4. Centurion Corp has entered into an agreement to acquire a development site in Adelaide, South Australia, for A$3.5 million (S$3.7 million), to be developed into a 280-bed student accommodation.
5. Vibrant Group is buying a 31 per cent stake in Chinese logistics firm Pucheng for 31 million yuan (S$6.3 million). They will collaborate on developing a site in Chongqing.