1. Vibrant Group bought back 147,500 shares yesterday at 35.905 cents each. The firm paid $53,124.22 in all. Vibrant Group has bought back more than 3.4 million shares since Aug 30 last year.
2. SIA Engineering bought back 31,100 shares on Monday, at prices of between $3.68 and $3.69 apiece, paying $114,841.13 in all. The firm has bought back more than 3.8 million shares since July 22 last year.
3. Global Premium Hotels has completed its purchase of Clarion Hotel City Park Grand in the Australian state of Tasmania. It bought the freehold property, a 32-room luxury boutique hotel, for A$7.2 million (S$7.8 million).
4. Indonesia's Sinar Mas Multiartha and Japan's Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Co are planning a sale of their Indonesian life insurance joint venture, according to a Bloomberg report.
5. Porsche Automobil returned to profit of €1.37 billion (S$2.07 billion) last year, after a €308 million loss a year earlier.