Market highlights

1.  Kitchen Culture proposes to issue senior notes of up to US$20 million (S$28 million) with a coupon rate of 6 per cent to investor Crede CG III. Shareholder approval is needed.

2.  Hyflux has received a letter of award from Saline Water Conversion Corporation to design, build, supply, test and commission three sea water reverse osmosis desalination plants in Duba, Wajh and Haql in Saudi Arabia.

3.  Yoma Strategic has partnered Germany's wholesale and food specialist Metro Group to set up a one-stop food distribution platform in Myanmar. Yoma Strategic will hold a 15 per cent stake and Metro will hold the remaining 85 per cent stake.

4.  Serial System has lifted its investment in associate Tong Chiang, which is in the business of manufacturing food products and food catering.

5.  The term sheet relating to SGX-listed Lifebrandz acquiring the total share capital of Natural Essence has been terminated.

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on February 25, 2017, with the headline 'Market highlights'. Print Edition | Subscribe