1. Asked for their views on what will happen on Fed Day, the day the US Federal Reserve decides on interest rates, only three of the 105 economists and analysts in a Bloomberg survey thought the Fed would not raise rates.
2. The greenback traded at around one-week highs against a basket of major currenciesyesterday, with moves limited in the countdown to an expected hike in US interest rates, reported Reuters.
3. The SGX's seven industrial Reits have a combined market capitalisation of $13.4 billion. They averaged year-to-date returns of -7.2 per cent, and +6.7 per cent over three years.
4. Attilan Group, formerly Asiasons Capital, is diversifying into early childhood education. It is buying 70 per cent of HOL International, which operates infant care and childcare centres.
5. Swiber unit ACS Marine Offshore has pumped in an additional €1.99 million (S$3.06 million) into its wholly-owned subsidiary Meadsea Services.