Market highlights

1 Asian equity markets have gained about 20 per cent from a February low. With more interest in regional stocks, the SPDR Straits Times Index ETF has been the second-most active ETF by turnover in August.

2 Water treatment firm Hyflux has told the Singapore Exchange, in response to queries, that it is unaware of any reason for the unusual price movement in its preference shares.

3 Airport services firm Sats has incorporated a subsidiary, Sats Saudi Arabia, in which Sats holds 80 per cent. The Sats wholly-owned unit Sats Airport Services owns the remaining 20 per cent.

4 Soup Restaurant Group co-founder and executive director Wong Chi Keong bought 125,000 shares of the restaurant chain for $25,625.

5 Shares of engineering group Swee Hong will resume trading on Monday. The board's opinion is that the firm can operate as a going concern after the amount of debt owing was reduced.

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on August 20, 2016, with the headline 'Market highlights'. Print Edition | Subscribe