SINGAPORE - An ongoing dispute over management changes at Singapore-listed Shanghai Turbo Enterprises hit a fresh low on Wednesday (Sept 20) morning when a group of people, including a Singaporean non-executive director were allegedly assaulted by associates of the former executive director.
The alleged attack occurred at Changzhou 3D Technological Complete Set Equipment's factory in China, according to a Singapore Exchange filing from the precision engineering group, which is based in Changzhou.
Shanghai Turbo independent non-executive director Raymond Lim, Changzhou 3D chief executive Zhang Rong and three others purportedly received injuries such as broken bones after allegedly being attacked with plastic batons by by associates of former executive director Liu Ming.
Mr Lim started his career with the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore as a Fishery Officer in 1970, and was later seconded to the Ministry of Defence to set up Singapore Food Industries, which caters rations to the Singapore Armed Forces.
The men were said to have been trying to enter the factory, which Shanghai Turbo announced is the site of a stand-off between the new management and supporters of the old personnel.
Mr Liu has been sued by the company over "failing to deliver up the factory premises" to the subsidiary's board, Shanghai Turbo said on Monday.
This came after Mr Liu was ousted at Shanghai Turbo's annual general meeting in April, when a majority of shareholders voted against his re-election.
The company said in June that operations had been "temporarily stopped" and, in July, told shareholders that there was an "illegal occupation of the factory premises by some of the former management personnel and their associates".
The latest incident has been reported to the local police and the Singapore Consulate-General in Shanghai, Shanghai Turbo said in its announcement.