KUALA LUMPUR (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - No arrests have been made so far in the brutal shooting of 43-year-old moneylender V. Kandasamy at a busy intersection near Setapak Central.
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said police would hunt down the gunmen responsible.
"They cannot run. We will use all our resources to ensure they are behind bars," he told a press conference after launching KPD Mart Community at Kolej Unikop on Thursday (July 28).
Mr Kandasamy was shot 16 times in a gruesome incident near Setapak Central on Wednesday afternoon.
At 3.35pm, he was driving along the road near the mall when four men on two motorcycles approached his car.
One shooter went to the left and another to the right before both opened fire.
The police chief said it was not the case that hired killers were becoming a trend.
"However, I do not deny that we have these cases," he said, adding that "these are not random shootings".
"All these cases had a reason behind the shootings. Including in the latest shooting (near Setapak Central), we believe there was a reason," he said, adding that police would take more steps to "minimise" such incidents.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANnD0kKgDGQ