Man, 70, electrocuted by Christmas decoration in Penang

GEORGE TOWN (The Star/Asia News Network) - An elderly man was rushed to the Penang Hospital on Christmas Eve after he was electrocuted by the electrical chords of decoration on a Christmas tree at Penang Hill.

Penang Hill Corporation general manager Dr Lawrence Khoo said the 70-year-old man man, identified only by his surname Teoh, collapsed at about 5.40pm on Wednesday, after he came into contact with the tree placed at a corner as he exited the toilet.

He said CPR was performed immediately and the man was rushed to the hospital.

Teoh had since regained consciousness and his condition had stabilised, according to Dr Khoo.

Join ST's Telegram channel and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.