PUTRAJAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysia's Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar has denied a report by New York Magazine last week that missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have been a pilot murder-suicide.
He said the police had not provided any information to the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) or other parties regarding the ongoing probe.
"The investigation is still ongoing and will only be concluded once the black box is found and analysed.
"Until that time, everything else is speculation," he said at a press conference after closing the 36th Asean Chiefs of Police (Aseanapol) conference at the Putrajaya Mariott hotel in Putrajaya on Thursday (July 28).
When asked about the report, which claimed MH370 pilot Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's flight simulator at his house had a similar route to that of the route allegedly taken by the missing plane, Tan Sri Khalid declined to confirm or deny it.
"I am not saying there was such a route, even my son's home simulator has routes all over the world. So it means nothing," he said.
Mr Khalid also denied the claim that the plane dived into the ocean at 400kmh: "It is all speculative."
Earlier, Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai also said there was no indication that Capt Zaharie had flown that route and the authorities here were not aware of such evidence.
He said criminal investigations were ongoing and he would leave it to the investigation team to examine whatever evidence they had.
The New York magazine claimed to have obtained a confidential document from the Malaysian police investigation into the disappearance of MH370, which "showed the strongest evidence Zaharie made off with the plane in a premeditated act of mass murder-suicide".
"We don't have that evidence as of now. If you have that evidence, please hand it over to the investigation team," Datuk Seri Liow said.