KUALA LUMPUR (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysia is waiting for France's decision on whether a piece of debris found on Reunion Island two days ago can be released to the authorities investigating missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.
Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said a French judge is expected to give a decision within the next two days.
So far, the only debris which was confirmed to be from the missing plane was found on Reunion Island in September last year.
Datuk Seri Liow told reporters in Parliament on Tuesday (March 8) that the authorities were in custody of another piece of debris found off the Mozambique coast last week.
"We will verify as soon as possible. We will work with Australia," he said.
He also said that Malaysia is giving its full commitment in the search for MH370.
It was reported that a resident on the French Indian Ocean island of Reunion, who last year found a wing fragment from MH370, said on Sunday he had come across a second possible piece from the missing plane.
Mr Johnny Begue said he was out jogging by the seashore when he found the object measuring about 40cm by 20cm, which had a blue mark on the surface and was grey underneath.
The object had been handed over to the local police.
Tuesday marks the second anniversary of the disappearance of MH370, which disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
The Boeing 777, carrying 239 people on board, is believed to have ended its journey in the southern Indian Ocean.