Kim Jong Nam's death: KL airport taxi usher may be last person to have seen female assassin

CCTV footage showing the suspected female assassin at the Kuala Lumpur airport taxi stand.
CCTV footage showing the suspected female assassin at the Kuala Lumpur airport taxi stand.PHOTO: THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

KUALA LUMPUR (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - He may be the last person to have seen one of Kim Jong Nam's female assassins before she fled in a taxi at at Kuala Lumpur's airport.

But taxi usher Alang, who serves thousands of passengers at the busy airport, said he has no memory of meeting the femme fatale.

But following the news break on Monday's brazen murder at the airport, the man who was caught on closed circuit-television camera punching her taxi coupon has been inundated with calls from relatives, friends and even the police.

"I'm under pressure. They ask me what I can tell them or what I can remember. But I don't remember anything.

"If you see how many people are here and I punch all their coupons, how can I remember them? It's not that I don't want to help," said the usher, who has only been working at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA2) for about three weeks.

According to reports, MrKim , the half-brother of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, was attacked in the shopping concourse of the airport by two women who reportedly used a chemical spray to poison him.

At least one of them, a fair-skinned woman in a white top and blue denim skirt, was then seen getting into a taxi and being driven off.

Malaysian authorities said they have arrested a female suspect on Wednesday.

Store tenants near the counter claim they did not notice anything amiss during the 8am incident.

Directly behind the counter, a Visit Malacca tourism exhibition booth was gearing up for a dance performance about an hour after Jong-nam reportedly collapsed.

A tourism officer, who only gave his name as Ramlan, said he wouldn't have known that a man had been assassinated just a few feet from him if he had not read the news on Tuesday.

"On Monday, everything was normal. There were few people because it was early in the morning and no one seemed like they had just seen a man die.

"It was only around evening when I saw some police officers behind the counter, but I didn't think it was anything," he said.