JAKARTA - Tower 2 of the Indonesia Stock Exchange building, where a mezzanine walkway that collapsed more than a week ago injured 77 people, will be reopened to the public on Wednesday (Jan 24), The Jakarta Post reported.
"Public access to Tower 2 will be opened on Jan 24. Therefore, the occupants of the building can continue their business operations," Farida Riyadi, Indonesia Cushman & Wakefield property and management facility director, said in a statement on Tuesday.
She said additional structural support was given to the mezzanine walkway, which is located in the lobby and links two towers of the building complex located at the Sudirman business district.
The Jakarta Police are still investigating the cause of the collapse on Jan 15, which saw those injured suffering fractures after the walkway fell in a heap of concrete, metal and glass. Many of the injured were university students who had been visiting the exchange.
The police have said the collapse was not caused by an explosion.
Closed-circuit television camera footage showed dramatic scenes of some visiting students plunging to the lobby below within seconds when the floor gave way.
Both the building's owner and management have said they would fully cooperate with the investigation.
The building is owned by First Jakarta International and managed by Indonesia Cushman & Wakefield.
The director of First Jakarta International, Yoseph Aribawa, has apologised for the accident, both to the injured victims and all building occupants for the inconvenience.
He said he was committed to providing medical care for the injured and using only the best materials in the building's renovation.