PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - The blog of former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad, has been suspended for unknown reasons.
The site, at chedet.cc, was inaccessible after 4pm on Friday, with the message "Account Suspended".
Tun Mahathir's latest posting was on the debt-laden government investment vehicle 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB).
The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), however, said it has nothing to do with the site being blocked.
"As far as I know, we had nothing to do with this. I suggest you check with the blog owner as to why the website is down," MCMC strategic communications senior director Sheikh Raffie Abd Rahman said.
Dr Mahathir's posting on 1MDB, calling for a police investigation into allegations over the fund, read: "An audit of its financials by the Auditor-General as ordered by Putrajaya earlier this week is not enough to uncover the truth behind the debt-ridden state investment vehicle.
"What is needed is more than the normal audit of the account books. What is needed is a forensic investigation by the police on the accusations made against several people who are involved in managing 1MDB's finances."