KUALA LUMPUR (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Another piece of suspected plane debris has been recovered in South Africa, but it is too early to confirm if it belonged to missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said on Tuesday (March 29).
“We first need to check if the debris belonged to a Boeing 777 plane,” he said of the debris found on Monday.
The discovery in South Africa followed the recovery of an inlet cowling of an aircraft engine along the country’s coast on March 22.
Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 disappeared on March 8, 2014 with 239 passengers and crew members en route to Beijing after taking off from Kuala Lumpur.
In July last year, a part of the aircraft wing was found on La Reunion island in the Indian Ocean.
Last week, Australia said two pieces of debris recovered this month in Mozambique was highly likely to be from the missing flight.