Regional Round-up Ep 19: Countries slowly opening up borders to allow vaccinated travellers
Synopsis: Every week, The Straits Times analyses South-east Asia's top news developments.
The Straits Times' regional correspondent Leslie Lopez chats with Money FM's Elliott Danker and Bharati Jagdish about the following points:
1. Malaysia has allowed vaccinated travellers to cross inter-state borders as it reaches 90% vaccinated rate (1:14)
2. Indonesia is reopening Bali and Riau islands to 18 countries, but Singapore is not one of them (4:17)
3. Risks to take note of when visiting Thailand when its borders reopen to Singapore (5:17)
4. Contingency plans needed in the event of a fresh outbreak or new Covid-19 variants (6:31)
5. Moving from restricted travel to Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) arrangement between Singapore and other countries (7:40)
Produced by: The Breakfast Huddle, Money FM 89.3, Fa'izah Sani
Edited by: Dan Koh
Subscribe to our Asian Insider Podcast channel to follow our various shows each week and rate us on your favourite audio apps:
Apple Podcasts: https://str.sg/JWa8
Google Podcasts: https://str.sg/Ju4h
Feedback to: email@example.com
Read Leslie Lopez's stories.
Asian Insider newsletter.
Discover more ST podcast series:
Green Pulse Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaf
Health Check Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaN
ST Sports Talk Podcast: https://str.sg/JWRE
Life Weekend Picks Podcast: https://str.sg/JWa2
#PopVultures Podcast: https://str.sg/JWad
Bookmark This! Podcast: https://str.sg/JWas
Lunch With Sumiko Podcast: https://str.sg/J6hQ
Discover BT Podcasts: http://bt.sg/podcasts
Follow our shows then, if you like short, practical podcasts!