TAIPEI - The man suspected of triggering an explosion with a homemade bomb in a commuter train in Taipei earlier this month told authorities on Friday (July 15) that he acted alone, said police investigating the case.
Lin Ying-chang, 55, told police he set off the explosive device by himself and that he had no accomplices, the police said according to Central News Agency.
The statement was consistent with the initial findings of a police investigation following the July 7 explosion that injured 25 people, including Lin himself, said the report.
Lin was unconscious for days while receiving treatment at a hospital after the blast apparently involving a metal pipe, but was well enough to speak to police on Friday. Police described him as cooperative.
Lin's motivation remains to be ascertained, the report said.