Key points of Constitutional Court ruling
• The court accepted most of the findings of a prosecution investigation, which revealed that numerous official documents, including state secrets, were leaked from the presidential office to Ms Park Geun Hye's long-time friend Choi Soon Sil, according to Yonhap News Agency.
• It ruled that Ms Park helped Choi establish foundations she later used to collect "donations" from local conglomerates, including Samsung Group.
• It ruled that Ms Park abused her status and power for Choi's personal gains. It said Ms Park thoroughly concealed Choi's interference with state affairs, denying it whenever suspicions were raised.
• The court said Ms Park's actions were not a fair execution of official duty, and violated the Constitution, the Public Servants Law and Public Servants' Ethics to the extent she deserves to be unseated.
• Ms Park also faced criticism for her alleged inaction during a 2014 ferry sinking that killed more than 300 people, mostly high school students. The court said that whether the president neglected her duties during the sinking has nothing to do with the impeachment.
• The court said it did not see enough evidence the president had abused her authority in firing government officials.