China Perspective Ep 12: China's economic strategies and plans for climate change
Synopsis: Every week, The Straits Times analyses the latest developments in China.
Dr Oh Ei Sun, Senior Fellow at Singapore Institute of International Affairs, stands in for The Straits Times' China bureau chief Tan Dawn Wei, who is on leave. He chats with Money FM 89.3's Elliott Danker about the following points:
1. How will President Xi JinPing's mission to narrow the wealth gap affect the rich? (1:35)
2. Benefits in China's plans to set up a third stock exchange in Beijing (3:00)
3. Agenda of Britain's senior climate change official Alok Sharma in Tianjin (5:09)
4. Sinopharm's newly-developed Covid-19 vaccine (6:28)
5. China overtaking the US to be the world's largest economy by 2031 (7:53)
Produced by: The Breakfast Huddle, Money FM 89.3 & Fa'izah Sani
Edited by: Dan Koh
Subscribe to our Asian Insider Podcast channel to follow our various shows each week and rate us on your favourite audio apps:
Apple Podcasts: https://str.sg/JWa8
Google Podcasts: https://str.sg/Ju4h
SPH Awedio app: https://www.awedio.sg/
Feedback to: email@example.com
Read Tan Dawn Wei's stories.
Asian Insider newsletter.
Discover more ST podcast series:
Green Pulse Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaf
Health Check Podcast: https://str.sg/JWaN
ST Sports Talk Podcast: https://str.sg/JWRE
Life Weekend Picks Podcast: https://str.sg/JWa2
#PopVultures Podcast: https://str.sg/JWad
Bookmark This! Podcast: https://str.sg/JWas
Lunch With Sumiko Podcast: https://str.sg/J6hQ
Discover BT Podcasts: https://bt.sg/pcPL
Follow our shows then, if you like short, practical podcasts!