A second debate between Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump on Monday (Oct 10, Singapore time) saw both presidential candidates trade personal barbs and spar on immigration, healthcare, taxation, environmental and foreign policy issues.
In the brutal, bruising encounter, who came away less scathed?
Here's a look at some of the choice quotes from the debate.
1. On a video showing Trump making lewd comments about women:
"I spent the past 48 hours thinking about the tape. I have been saying since June, that Donald Trump is not fit to be our president. It is clear to anyone who heard it that the tape is exactly who he is."
2. On Trump bringing up women he says Bill Clinton attacked sexually:
"When they go low, you go high."
3. On her use of private e-mail while she was secretary of state:
"That was a mistake. There is no evidence that any classified document ended up in the wrong hands."
4. On Obamacare:
"If we were to start all over again we might come up with a different system."
5. On taxes:
"Donald Trump lives in an alternate reality. Donald always takes care of Donald, and people like Donald. Trump's tax plan would give wealthy corporations the biggest tax cut they've ever had."
6. On one thing she respects about Trump:
"I respect his children. His children are incredibly able and devoted, and I think that says a lot about Donald."
1. On the tape where he was caught describing women in lewd terms:
"It's locker-room talk... It's just words, folks. It's just words."
2. On sexual allegations against Bill Clinton:
"If you look at Bill Clinton, far worse, mine are words and his was action. What he's done to women, there's never been anyone in the history of politics that has been as abusive to women... I am a person who has great respect for people."
3. On Clinton's claim that there is no evidence any classified e-mail document ended up in the wrong hands:
"Yet, she did not know the letter C. She didn't even know what that letter meant… She's lying again. You should be ashamed of yourself for deleting e-mails."
4. On Clinton's comment that it is "awfully good" that someone with his temperament is not in charge of law after Trump said he would investigate Clinton over her leaked e-mails:
"Because you'd be in jail."
5. On Clinton saying that he does not have it in him to be a good leader:
"I am shocked to hear that."
6. On one thing he respects about Clinton:
"I will say this about Hillary, she doesn't quit, she doesn't give up."