LONDON (AFP) - Britain's Queen Elizabeth II will miss two more events this week despite making a good recovery from an illness that saw her hospitalised last week, Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.
The 86-year-old was unable to attend the Commonwealth Day service in London's Westminster Abbey on Monday as she was still suffering symptoms of gastroenteritis.
She was admitted to hospital for the first time in 10 years last week and was discharged after an overnight stay.
"The Queen continues to make a good recovery following her recent illness, and today she presented The Queen's Gold Medal for Poetry and held a series of Audiences," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
But it added that "regrettably" she would no longer attend an engagement at the so-called Tech City area of London on Wednesday or the Soldiers' and Airmen's Scriptures Association Service at the Guards Chapel on Thursday.
"Her Majesty will, however, continue with the usual rhythm of business at Buckingham Palace, including holding a Privy Council meeting tomorrow," the palace said.
"The Queen hopes to resume her programme of official engagements next week." The palace had said on Monday that she hoped to be able to attend some other events this week.
Her second son Prince Andrew will represent her at Wednesday's event while her 91-year-old husband Prince Philip will stand in for her on Thursday, the palace said.