Singapore has condemned militant attacks in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula that left at least 30 people dead and many others wounded.
"Singapore strongly condemns the attacks in North-East Sinai...which resulted in many deaths and injuries,'' its Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement on Saturday.
"We express our deepest condolences to the families of the victims of these heinous attacks and to the Government and people of Egypt. The perpetrators responsible for these terrorist attacks must be brought to justice," the statement said.
The Egyptian wing of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for the attacks in Al-Arish late on Thursday that left at least 30 members of the security forces and civilians dead, Bloomberg reported.
Sinai Province, previously known as Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis, said on a website that 100 militants took part in the attacks, describing them as revenge for "our sisters held in the prisons of the Egyptian government," the report said.
The assault, the deadliest militant strike since 30 troops were killed in October, included a suicide bombing on a regional security headquarters and an attack on a hotel.
More than 100 people were wounded, state media said.