Palestinian president Abbas condemns kidnapping of Israeli teens: Statement

RAMALLAH, Palestinian Territories (AFP) - Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas on Monday condemned the kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers, but also hit out at the massive Israeli crackdown aimed at finding those responsible, a statement said.

"The Palestinian presidency... condemns the series of events that happened last week, beginning with the kidnapping of three Israeli youths," it said, also denouncing a massive wave of Israeli arrests during which a young Palestinian was killed near Ramallah overnight.

Register here to get free digital access to The Straits Times until Aug 9, 2015.
Comments