Israel unblocks plans for 1,800 settler homes: Source

JERUSALEM (AFP) - The Israeli government on Thursday ordered officials to move forward with plans for another 1,800 settler homes, just hours after issuing tenders for 1,500 housing units, an official said.

"The political echelon has ordered the Civil Administration to advance 1,800 new (housing) units," the Israeli official told AFP on condition of anonymity, referring to a defence ministry unit responsible for all West Bank planning issues.

Israeli media reports said the plans had been frozen by the government some three months ago.