Marilyn Monroe's photos for Prague exhibition stolen

PRAGUE (AP) - A publicist for an upcoming Marilyn Monroe exhibition in Prague said that photographs of the star have been stolen.

Ms Alice Titzova of public relations agency 2media said the photos, stolen late on Monday, were to be on display from May 30 at Prague Castle.

She said mannequins and display cases that were part of the exhibition also disappeared. There was no word on Wednesday whether the exhibition would be delayed or canceled.

The collection of various items, including Monroe's dresses, shoes, photographs and diaries was assembled by curators at the Salvatore Ferragamo museum in Florence, Italy last year to mark the 50th anniversary of Monroe's death.

After Prague, the exhibition was going to head to Tokyo.