Polish couple died in Manchester attack, says foreign minister

Polish President Andrzej Duda bows after placing flowers in front of the British Embassy in Warsaw in an expression of solidarity with Britain after the Manchester bombing.PHOTO: EPA

WARSAW (REUTERS) - A Polish couple died in the suicide attack in the English city of Manchester, Poland's Foreign Minister Witold Waszczykowski said on Wednesday (May 24).

"The parents came after the concert to collect their daughters and unfortunately we have information that they are dead. The children are safe," Waszczykowski told private radio RMF FM.

Another Polish father was injured in the blast and underwent surgery, Waszczykowski added.

It was previously reported that some Polish citizens were among the missing following the attack.

 

Related Stories: