PARIS (AFP) - French prosecutors said two men arrested for suspected links to a militant who killed a French police officer and his companion will be brought before an anti-terror court on Saturday (June 18).
The men, aged 27 and 29, had been convicted with the killer, Larossi Abballa, in September 2013 as part of a network to send militants to Pakistan, judicial sources close to the investigation said.
The prosecutor said the court will decide whether there was sufficient evidence to open an official enquiry.
A third man arrested in the case has been released without charge.
Abballa, a convicted radical who had been under surveillance, murdered a French police couple in an Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS)-inspired stabbing, and then was killed himself in a police raid.
Monday's assault in a small town northwest of Paris was the first deadly strike in France since the coordinated attacks in the capital by an ISIS cell in November, which killed 130 people.