16th arrest made in Manchester suicide bombing investigation

Police officers guarding the entrance to a street in the Moss Side area of Manchester, on May 28, 2017.
Police officers guarding the entrance to a street in the Moss Side area of Manchester, on May 28, 2017. PHOTO: AFP

LONDON (Reuters) - British police said on Monday (May 29) they had arrested a 16th person in connection with the Manchester suicide bombing last week.

The 23-year-old man was arrested in Shoreham-by-Sea, Sussex, "on suspicion on offences contrary to the terrorism act", Greater Manchester Police said on Twitter.

A total of 16 people have been arrested in connection with the attack, in which 22 people died.

Two were released without charge, while 14 men remained in custody for questioning, the police said.

Get The Straits Times
newsletters in your inbox

 

Related Stories: