Five movie dads you don’t want to cross
Published on Jun 11, 2013 9:14 PM
Here, in celebration of the good men who make our families feel safe, we rank the top five dads you really, really, don't want to cross.
1) Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills in Taken (2008) and Taken 2 (2012)
“I will find you, I will hunt you down, and I will kill you.” With these words, Neeson expressed the depth of his love for his kidnapped daughter.
2) Bruce Willis as John McClane in A Good Day To Die Hard (2013)
Explosions and shoot-outs seem to follow McClane wherever he goes and things are no different in this instalment set in Russia. In between, he finds time to bond with his estranged son.
3) Jet Li as Sam Wong in Ocean Paradise (2010)
Terminally ill Sam Wong brings up his autistic son in this touching drama. But if anyone threatened his kid, one can well imagine Jet Li unleashing some serious moves.
4) Christopher Lee as Lim in Kidnapper (2010)
When his son is kidnapped, a desperate cabbie resorts to extreme measures to get him back. And we don’t mean running red lights.
5) Nicolas Cage as Big Daddy in Kick-Ass (2010)
Cage has been in way too many turkeys but redeems himself as the way awesome dad of the teenage vigilante Hit-Girl.