SINGAPORE - Samsung will be replacing existing Galaxy Note7 smartphones with a new device of the same make and colour from Sept 16 to Oct 2.
The Note7 was recalled globally last Friday, after 35 reported cases of the phone's battery exploding while charging.
Customers can either choose to exchange the phone at Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre or via free home delivery.
To exchange their Galaxy Note7 device through either of the options, consumers will be required to submit their preferred collection time slot online at www.samsung.com/sg/note7exchange.
This booking period will last from Sept 9 to 25.
For more information on the Galaxy Note7 exchange programme, updates on programme details or further assistance, consumers can visit www.samsung.com/sg/note7exchange or call 1800-SAMSUNG.
The South Korean tech giant had announced last Friday an unprecedented global recall for its flagship phablet.
In a public apology, it promised to replace 2.5 million units of the premium smartphone sold so far, both in its home market and overseas.
Its initial investigations had revealed a battery fault that affects 24 in one million handsets. It had received 35 reports of battery issues worldwide, Samsung said.
"Investigations are still ongoing, but we have decided to stop selling the phone and offer replacements as customer safety is our top priority," said Mr Koh Dong Jin, president of Samsung's mobile communications business.
In Singapore, telcos Singtel, M1 and StarHub announced that they were no longer selling the smartphone. Customers here had been asking the telcos and Samsung stores about the details of the exchange programme since Samsung's announcement.
Analysts have speculated that Samsung fell short on quality testing in its bid to beat rival products to market. The firm accelerated its new phone launch cycles, bringing forward the launch of its Galaxy S and Galaxy Note series models by about a month since last year. Its rival, Apple, is gearing up to launch its new iPhones next month.